amazon

Friday, August 3, 2007

Johnny Nightmare, new psychobilly from Denmark!


I hope I've not been living under a rock and missed this completely, but I just got a myspace friend request from this band. Johnny Nightmare features Dax Dragster aka. Thomas Mejer, former singer and guitarist of the Godless Wicked Creeps. In the new act he plays upright bass and sings. They have a sound that reminds me of Nekromantix and this is really not surprising since Thomas once told me that the thing that got him into psychobilly in the first place was someone playing Nekromantix first album on 45 and he thought it was completely insane! This songs are pretty good, and it is nice to hear Thomas resurface after the last psychobilly related project he had was the seemingly short lived Bull'it. Strange that the former skinhead ended up in a psychobilly band and the rest of his former GWC bandmates ended up in garage bands. Anyway, skol! Check out Johnny Nightmare on Myspace

No comments: