amazon

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Hyperjax Redux

So, I know I posted a farewell notice from Hyperjax a few weeks ago, but today I got this in the mail:

" Hey everyone, this is Sam typing, I’d like to announce that I’ve put a new band together with a another guitartist, a new double bassist and a new animal drummer, we’ve been practicing hard playing a few songs which I wrote and sang in my last band I played in and doing pretty much the same style of loud rocking punkabilly. So lets think of a name…hmmmm. How about
“THE HYPERJAX”? Yes I’m having it!

It’s been over a month since I decided to split up the last chapter of The Hyperjax. I never thought I could continue without my long standing double bass player and friend Bob Corner. I always like the idea of an original line up or at least two left who carry the banner to the end of the line.
Sadly this is not an ideal world and peoples lives change where they can’t give it all they’ve got anymore
But I’m going to try again and go it alone because right now it feels like in my heart the right thing to do. “Pardon the ego!” I started this band a long time ago and I never gave up on it despite at times feeling like we we’re bottom of the pile. I’m doing this because I still believe there’s so much more to achieve and I’ve got the opportunity to record another album which is what I’ve had my heart set on this year and although have enough to occupy my time with besides music. Its been the music alone which is the greatest ever thing I’ve been fortunate enough to get into and at time times you feel like its all you’ve got. I’m not asking for an online standing ovation on that one, but I do hope you will give me another chance and continue to enjoy my band.
So it looks like I’m going to have to fall into the same Psychobilly category as

Loz Dolan, Nick 13, Mark Pennington, P.Paul Fenech, Chuck Flintstone, The bloke from Rezurex, Kim Nekroman, Humungas, along with many others who have been the last of their crew to sail their ships onward and upwards and good ships they still are!

The new personel crew on the good ship hyper is

Liam Revenge - Guitar and vocals (ex Revenge of the psychotronic men)
Keith Green – Double bass and vocals (ex Frantic Flinstones)
Neil “Teen Wolf” Holden (of Preston punk band Dying for Toto – Drums
And myself

For those who are familiar with the band live especially, no its not going to be the same without Bob I already know that and I accept that some of you may view this next step as a tribute band of what was, but the songs and performance is still going to be there plus a whole lot more. So we’re starting again at the Solway Festival on the Scottish border at the end of the month with The Levellers and The Undertones and more, see you in a bit.!

Sam Woods –THE HYPERJAX!
Hyper til I die"

Check them out at Hyperjax Myspace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

This month Cherry Bomb Records, part of Cherry Red, is proud to release "The Wildest Card", The Hyperjax new album.

This is their 3rd album and by far the best to date.
It has been produced by veteran Psychobilly wizard - Alan Wilson.

The Hyperjax are celebrating 10 years performing and recording.
They are currently touring as support to US legends The Quakes.


Check it out at : http://cherryred.co.uk/cherrybomb/product.php?display=CRBOMB003


Stay wild!
Cheers,
http://cherryred.co.uk/