amazon

Thursday, July 5, 2007

July

July is going to be a busy month for psychobilly, This is going to be a skeletal overview of some of the cooler items on the agenda:

Vans Warped Tour!

I think this is year 14 for this traveling festival. The big news is that Tiger Army will be on the main stage for the entire run. I know that there is a lot of division in the psychobilly world about Tiger Army, but whatever your position, you have to at least realize that what is good for Tiger Army is good for psychobilly, at least in terms of show attendance and record sales. A few other psychobilly acts have secured spots along the way as well. Mad Marge & the Stonecutters are going to be on the tour through July 29th, and I'm very excited to see them since I never have. I've heard nothing but good things. If your band is on one of the side stages, let me know since those are the only two I could dig up.

15th Psychobilly Meeting

This, by all accounts, is about the most fun you can have at a psychobilly festival. Two weeks of music and sun on the beach in Spain. This one in already in progress, but deserves a notice nonetheless. This years acts include:

BONE DADDIES (AUSTRALIA)
ZOMBIE GHOST TRAIN (AUSTRALIA)
PHARAOHS (UK)
SPIKE (JAPAN)
THEE SUSPENDERS (SWEDEN)
THE M3T3ORS (UK / GER)
KING KURT (UK)
REZUREX (USA)
DAMAGE DONE BY WORMS (GERMANY)
HOLA GHOST (DENMARK)
MAD SIN (GER)
FRENZY (UK)
LEVI DEXTER & THE CARAVANS (USA/UK)
PHANTOM ROCKERS (USA/ UK/ GER)
THE CREEPSHOW (CANADA)
MAD DOG COLE (UK)
FIREBALLS (AUSTRALIA)
THE TERMITES (UK)
PADDLECELL (GERMANY)

Can't beat that line-up! Someday I'll make it...

Bamboula & Season Of Nightmares

A couple of great new up and coming bands are also on the road this month. Bamboula are from San Diego and bring some cool sounds and a little something different to the mix and Season of Nightmares from the great northwest and are perhaps a bit more evil. Something for everyone! Tour dates are on their myspace pages.

I know there must be some records coming out this month, too. Drop me a line and let me know what you've got going on!

Josh

No comments: