amazon

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Geoff Kresge leaves Horrorpops to focus on Viva Hate

From Geoff Kresge's myspace:

"Geoff Kresge is no longer a member of HORRORPOPS.

Enjoy.

In early September 2004, it was officially announced that I, Geoff Kresge, had left TIGER ARMY, the band for which I had played the upright bass with for several years. I left the band on good terms, with the intention of pursuing other interests - namely dedicating more time to DEAD BODY RECORDS (an independent record label I helped launch), despite what the internet rumor mill may have you believe. Lawyers and "red tape" caused their share of difficulties with getting much accomplished on that front - not to mention a few headaches - so within a few weeks, I had a new band called VIVA HATE put together as a means to fill my newfound spare time. Shortly thereafter I was asked to join HORRORPOPS as a songwriter and guitarist.

I co-wrote the second HORRORPOPS album, BRING IT ON, with the rest of the band and toured for the entire touring cycle of the album. This left me precious little time to dedicate to VIVA HATE, which I had started BEFORE I joined HORRORPOPS with the intention of making it the primary focus of my energy. My thought was that I would have enough time between HORRORPOPS tours to get VIVA HATE up and running. I was wrong. I felt as if I was letting the other members of VIVA HATE down by not having the time to dedicate myself to the band and after a while I began thinking about leaving HORRORPOPS to focus 100% of my energy on VIVA HATE. By the time HORRORPOPS played the last show of the BRING IT ON Tour, just before Halloween 2006, in Long Beach, CA I had fully made my mind up that this was the end of another chapter in my musical career and that it was time to move on.

Dedicating 100% of my creative energy to VIVA HATE also meant that I would no longer be able to continue with my label, DEAD BODY RECORDS, so somewhere along the way, I quietly sold my share of the label and walked away from everything that came along with that project, including producing recordings for other bands.

Thank you to the friends and fans that have continued to show their support for these, and all of my creative endeavors. I honestly appreciate it. I hope that you will all continue to give me the benefit of you support through this change as well.

SUMMARY:

I am currently in VIVA HATE.

I am no longer a member of HORRORPOPS.

I am no longer a part of DEAD BODY RECORDS.

I am no longer a member of TIGER ARMY.

The answers are all right here.

Please do not message me asking for "the real reason" that I left HORRORPOPS or for any other gossip concerning this situation. I will not reply.

GK"

On a personal note, Geoff is a friend and I wish him luck, so far everything he's touched has been golden and I think Viva Hate is his most personal project to date. I can't wait to hear some recordings. I also want to say that I really respect Viva Hate's dedication to getting out and playing shows before releasing a record, I think that in today's psychobilly scene, far too many bands have records before paying their dues. Cheers.

Josh

No comments: