amazon

Thursday, July 5, 2007

First Post!

Here we go. This is going to be a one stop shop for psychobillies.

We're going to have news, tours, reviews, and whatever other goodies I can dig up along the way. It seems odd to me that with as large a presence as psychobilly has on the internet, that there isn't a centralized place for psychos to go without digging through a forum to get their news. These are heady days for psychobillies. We've got bands touring around the world in places psychobilly has never been, we've got bands on national television in America, we've got a scene on the move!

I'll start posting some good stuff soon, but I wanted to at least introduce myself.

My name is Josh. My introduction to psychobilly was in 1996 when I saw the Hellbillys for the first of a couple dozen times. That show woke the beast. Shortly thereafter I took it upon myself to create a webpage dedicated to the psychobilly scene I was a part of on the West Coast of the U.S.A. The West Coast Psychobilly homepage was a bigger success than I'd ever dreamed it would be. I got e-mails from all over the world from fans and bands alike. I helped to set up a couple of really cool tours for bands like the Godless Wicked Creeps. I created web pages for a couple of bands, the Hellbillys and the Godless Wicked Creeps, who didn't have any internet presence before I threw my hat in the ring. I met a lot of people, fans and people in bands as well, and I made a lot of friends, many of whom I still communicate with pretty regularly. The WCP homepage got e-mail and guestbook signings well after I stopped updating it in 1999, I finally took it down in 2002 or so, because I had no time to update and I no longer lived on the West Coast, so it seemed kind of silly to me to continue. I live in Dallas, Texas now and don't get to see many bands, though, whenever they do come to town, I do my best to make them feel welcome and try to get people out to the shows. I still scour the web looking for cool new music and news about my favorite bands, and I thought this blog would be a good way to take what I've learned and pass it on. I love to hear new bands, I have stacks of demo tapes in my garage, I love to hear new stuff by my favorite older bands as well. If you are in a band and need some press, this might be a good place to start. Anyway, keep checking in, I have to find out if I can do RSS with this thing to help people keep track. Cheers and keep tuning in for the latest!

Josh

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Psychobilly Bash in Birmingham (UK) for Nov, as is The Speedfreaks Ball (UK) also Nov

Google for more details mate.

Mainy (1,2,3,4,) PORK

Anonymous said...

Ha, I remember your West Coast Psychobilly page. I checked that out in '01. I love the idea of this blog, because P.O.R.K can be a bit redundant and not focused on the good stuff. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Lyperissede [url=http://wiki.openqa.org/display/~buy-codeine-no-prescription-online]Buy Codeine no prescription online[/url] [url=http://wiki.openqa.org/display/~buy-flomax-without-no-prescription-online]Buy Flomax without no prescription online[/url]