amazon

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Stray Cats Farewell Tour

...And they just came back!

The Stray Cats are one of my very favorite bands, and the group who introduced me to rockabilly before I even knew that there were different kinds of music! I was 4 when I first saw the video on MTV for Stray Cat Strut, and the memory stuck! Here I am 24 years later and still mesmerized.

Brian Setzer has announced that there will be a farewell tour in the not too distant future on his website, BrianSetzer.com. No further details, like dates, have yet been added, but I'll keep my eyes open.

I've only seen them once, at the original reunion gig at Hootenanny, but it was awesome and well worth suffering from the 105 degree heat. I skipped their shows last summer because I had no interest in seeing the Pretenders or, in Dallas, Don Henley. Now I just hope they'll swing through here on their way out the door.

No comments: