amazon

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Hell's Bent On Rockin': A History of Psychobilly

There is a new book on the horizon due next month from Craig Brackenridge, author of "Let's Wreck". The book is titled Hell's Bent on Rockin', and while I haven't been able to dig up too much info on it, I know that it comes from Stormscreen Productions and is due in November. Here is one of the most recent postings from the Myspace blog of Stormscreen:

"The new book is scheduled for release in the first week of November. The full title is "HELL'S BENT ON ROCKIN': A HISTORY OF PSYCHOBILLY". The cover is on the Amazon site now (though it is not the final proof) and their page count may not be exact but is certainly a chunkier read than LET'S WRECK. I started reading through the complete manuscript on the bog but couldn't even finish the first two chapters before my legs went numb and I lost all feeling in my arse.. which I think signifies a fairly substantial read!"

Sounds interesting, "Let's Wreck" was a bit on the light side, so if there is a more definitive history coming up, I'm all for it. There will no doubt be some things left out, but I have high hopes.

No comments: